How to Be an Awesome Teacher!
All students deserve AWESOME teachers, and all AWESOME teachers produce awesome students. In a time of rigorous standards, testing, and even excessive paperwork, teachers are often discouraged from developing more dynamic lessons because their time to do so is limited. The awesome strategies shared in this lesson can be used by individual teachers or whole grade-level or content teams and can be implemented in a short time. They will be engaging for kids every single time you use them! Webinar participants will learn:
- How to develop an effective daily lesson sequence which increases participation and effective classroom management.
- Three simple ways to engage learners on a daily basis.
- How to use technology as an instructional tool and for easy informal assessment.
- Ways to build and maintain positive relationships with students.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Framing the Essential Question
- How to develop Cooperative Learning Groups
- Preparing for and managing a Socratic Seminar
Participants will have access to a model lesson plan as well as numerous templates, tips and tools that are fully customizable for a variety of content areas.
Mary Lynn Mosier is in her 16th year of teaching high schools students. In addition to this, she has a Master of Education in Administration. She has spent the last 5 years working with the Texas future educator program. Within her work, she has strongly encouraged the development of learning communities in order to increase student engagement and performance. She has been privileged to see the success of collaborative learning communities and is eager to share her lessons learned with a broad audience.