The National Partnership to Recruit, Prepare, and Support FCS Educators seeks to facilitate collaborative relationships with educational institutions to provide online courses for people who want to teach FCS courses at the middle and high school levels. Some states no longer provide FCS teacher preparation courses. The National Partnership seeks the help of post-secondary institutions in making online courses available to students who would otherwise not have an opportunity to prepare to teach FCS.
Courses in the online bank could satisfy licensure requirements* addressing the following content areas:
- Culinary arts, hospitality, and tourism;
- Education and training;
- Food science and nutrition;
- Health management and wellness;
- Housing and interior design;
- Human/child development and family relations;
- Personal and family finance; and
- Textiles, apparel and retailing.