The National Partnership to Recruit, Prepare, and Support Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Educators provides information about online preparation courses that may satisfy course content requirements to meet the certification/licensure requirements for FCS teachers. Once the initial application and fee are received, candidates may take one or more courses;.
To apply, candidates must:
- have an overall minimum grade point average of 2.8
- demonstrate a commitment to the FCS profession in a personal statement paragraph
To be considered for acceptance into the online FCS teacher preparation courses, the candidate must submit:
- Online application – complete your online application
- Personal Statement – the personal statement paragraph is an opportunity to describe the role of FCS for individuals, schools, and communities. The paragraph should be no more than 250 words, double-spaced in 12-point font. Include name and application date in the paragraph.
- Unofficial transcripts – The online application will require the candidate to upload an unofficial transcript of all undergraduate courses, and if applicable, graduate coursework that has been completed, regardless of whether the graduate degree has been conferred. The transcript must clearly show the candidate's name and the administering institution’s name.
- Application fee – After completing the online application, a $50.00 application fee will be assessed prior to submitting your application materials. The payment may be made by credit or debit card. Application fees are NONREFUNDABLE.
Once all application materials have been received and reviewed, candidates will be notified of the admission decision.